Web designer is responsible:
- Â to design the overall layout and look of the web site.
- Â design small and meaningful icons or creating logos to complete the web layout and present it in html format.
- Web designer is the one who knows which colors to select, and what images should be placed where, to greatly communicate the business sense of client.
- How to make page attractive for target audience? Whether it demands some flash intro or some other flash effects or the simple site will present the elegance of clientâ€™s organization?
- Â Which data is to be displayed at right place to get the best required viewerâ€™s concentration? Web Designerâ€™s role in the whole website making is to answer the above question practically by making relative web contents.
Web developer makes logic, functions, and makes the website come alive. Web developer has to look after the working of websiteâ€™s functionality, and he can guess and correct if there is any malfunctioning in website.Â Tasks in between those two extremes may include following.
- Email processing
- Building simple function logic
- Database handling
- Displaying catalogs
- Making online forms alive and effective
- Dynamic page generation
- Development of shopping cart
- Payment processing
- Development of CMS (Content Management System)
- Development of Order Management System
- Development of any type of Tracking System
- Any type of web application demanded by client.
summary from article cube
The do’s and don’t’s in web designing; its very basic skill tips
Keep it Simple and Clean
Either use CSS or tabled to layout your page keep them align properly if you design a website with search engine in mind. Not to many pages and use template for safer design. CMS or Blog Script equipped with template ready.
Not To many Fonts… Please
Use max 3 kinds of font face size 10 – 14 points, just use diffrent font style (Italic,bold,Oblique) for instance to emphasize keyword. Use a font that is available on all computers avoiding messed up your design.
Keep index page Short )
Short Homepage/Index Page, we can always make our web design in several pages, Filling your frontpage with all the contents will make a viewer confuse.
Creating a simple and easy navigation will make visitor stay longer. using short ,clear and right words will also help your visitor know your content of page they click. Place your menu on top, left or right side of your website. You can also use a dropdown menu if you have many links.
Cross Browser Compatibility
There are many browser in the internet (IE,Firefox,Opera,Netscape), make sure your design are compatible with those major browser, install them all in your computer for testing purposes.
The English is bad but i hope you understand.
You may not realize it, but many of your website visitors form an immediate opinion about you and your website. They canâ€™t help themselves. Their instant opinion is formed in their subconscious mind. You might wonder why this happens. This reaction comes regardless of the words and text on your web pages. The visitor need not read a single word, and yet they will form their instant opinion.
Continue reading “Cool Web Designs – Why Color is the Key Element”